Pack the Perfect Weekender Bag
We don't know about you, but we are so ready to take the day off on Monday. Coming back to work after vacation has been brutal, and though we can never remember what we're supposed to be celebrating, we are happy to put on a party hat and blow a kazoo if that's what it takes to be free from the grind. Since this type of year is ripe with 3-day weekends and events worth playing hookey for (don't worry: "Are you going to Sundance?" will eventually give way to "Are you going to Coachella?"), we've put together a few things you should always throw into your weekender bag no matter where your travels take you. Note: your work is not one of them...
1. Yes to Blueberries Travel Cleansing Towelettes, $2.99 -- These are made from lemon peel and apple to help brighten skin, plus they're 99% natural and biodegradable.
2. Dr. Bronner's Organic Lavender Hand Sanitizing Spray, $3.99 -- We love Dr. Bronner's products (their soaps can get out ANY clothing stain, promise!), and this sweetly-smelling sanitizer is no exception.
3. Minimergency Kit for Her, $13 -- We never leave town without these! The tiny, carry-on friendly bag is filled with hairspray, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, emery board, lip balm, earring backs, clear elastics, sewing kit, double-sided tape, stain remover, deodorant towelette, pain reliever, tampon, breath freshener, dental floss, and adhesive bandages.
5. Oversized Scarf, $25.99 -- This can double as a blanket on the plane.
6. Silk Pillow Case, $19.99 -- No matter the hotel quality, a little added luxury (and sanitation!) never hurts.
7. Best-Seller (in this case The Marriage Plot, $16 or $12.99 for Kindle) -- This is particularly important on any trip that involves your in-laws.
8. Airborne, $6.49 -- Because we always get seated next to the person who sounds like they have whooping cough.
9. Instagram, free -- If you haven't noticed, Instagram is the new Facebook in terms of ways in which to brag about your travels and annoy your friends.
What's in your weekender bag? Leave your favorite travel products and gadgets in the comments below!
Jan 11, 2012 - 08:57 AM