Gift Guide for People You Are Genetically Obliged to Buy For
1. http://www.realsimple.com="">DIY Hot Cocoa Mix. Incredibly easy to put together, and so perfect for wintertime. Plus, your grandma will be genuinely touched that you made it yourself… Finally – someone who won’t accuse your DIY gifts of being cheap!
2. http://www.itunube.com="">Fresh Flower Papers by Itunube - 8.50 euros. An easy way to shower your grandma with flowers throughout the year, because she deserves it...perfect for the grandma who has trouble remembering what day it is, because these might take a while to be delivered from Italy...
3. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com="">Portable Sewing Machine - $24. Perhaps she can fix some hemlines for you, while she’s at it!
4. http://www.branchhome.com="">Garden Maker from Branch - $28. Another way to surround a beautiful Grandma with beautiful flowers, all year long.
5. http://www.thinkgeek.com="">Fake Grass Drying Rack - $19.99. So Mom can pretend she’s frolicking in the fields instead of doing dishes.
6. A subscription to New Beauty’s quarterly magazine - $29.95. For the mom who’s not afraid of a little nip-tuck.
7. http://www.branchhome.com="">Lovebirds Tea Towel - $20. A precious design on a towel made from 100% organic cotton.
8. Just about anything from http://www.johnderian.com="">John Derian Company. We particularly love the cute organic-cotton tote bags ($35; click on the “goods” link)...
9. ...and the vintage wrapping paper ($4-6 per sheet; click on the “ephemera” link), which is really lovely.
10. http://www.charlotterusse.com="">Glam Girl Python Messenger Bag - $34.50. Because your sister DESTROYS her purses, and this one is cute yet so inexpensive that it’s practically disposable.
11. http://www.amalabeauty.com="">Amala Lavender Concentrate - $20. Boys/school/stress keeping her up at all hours? This calming lavender concentrate will have her sleeping by midnight.
12. http://www.dwr.com="">Sheep’s Milk Soap - $6. Almond and shea butter combine with sheep’s milk in soap that will beautify both her skin and her bathroom.
13. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com="">Beaded Cat Coin Purse - $10. Adorable, useful, and only $10.
14. http://www.amazon.com="">Justin Bieber - My World - $8. If your sister is under the age of fourteen, just roll your eyes and buy it. She’ll be ecstatic.
15. http://www.charlotterusse.com="">Panda Beanie with Ears by Charlotte Russe - $9.50. Awww...
16. http://www.thinkgeek.com="">Ice Shot Glasses - $7.99. Because he’s in college, and blah blah blah…
17. http://www.amazon.com="">How To Beat Up Anybody by Judah Friedlander - $10.79. I don’t know your brother, but I know this: he would love this book. Topics include how to beat up gangs, dinosaurs, ninjas, and gangs of ninjas riding on dinosaurs!
18. http://www.thinkgeek.com="">Credit Card Light Bulb - $4.99. For the former boyscout who always wants to be prepared, a flat lightbulb that fits in his wallet.
19. http://www.momastore.org="">Wooden Bottle Opener - $20. He can show off his sense of design while getting drunk. And as a bonus, this stylish bottle opener has a magnet that will catch the bottle cap once it’s been removed – so suave, just like your brother.
20. http://www.fredflare.com="">Pet’s Eye View Camera - $50. If your dad is obsessed with his dog, he will be obsessed with this gift… It’s a digital camera that snaps onto pet collars and chronicles their day. Finally, find out what Spike does all day.
21. http://www.williams-sonoma.com="">Monogrammed Steak Brand - $39.99. Be a good daughter and let him live out his cowboy fantasies.
22. http://www.amazon.com="">The Lost Rolling Stones Photographs - $19.79. Any father who was alive in the 60s will think this book is groovy, far out, and totally bitchin’.
23. http://www.restorationhardware.com="">Luggage Scale - $7.99. The perfect gift for Mr. Practical.
24. http://www.thinkgeek.com="">Whiskey Stones - $19.99. He’s a grandpa – of course he drinks whiskey! And I’m sure nothing gets his goat more than ice watering down his drink, so be a doll and solve that problem for him. (Then wait two minutes for him to find something new to complain about.)
25. http://www.brookstone.com="">Tempurpedic Slippers - $49.95. Bunions, corns, arthritis – be damned.
26. http://www.onlinesciencemall.com="">Head Massager - $3.99. Because there’s no way he would go to one of those sissy massage parlors, but he would certainly appreciate the results.
27. http://www.brookstone.com="">Bionic Golf Glove - $24.95. He has a lot of spare time, so he probably plays golf.
28. http://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com="">Rocky Mountain Chocolate Tower - $20. You can never go wrong gifting children (and everyone else, other than your anorexic aunt) with a crapload of candy. It is a thing of beauty.
29. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com="">Box of Jokes - $20. Plastic puke, fake dog poo, a bloody “finger” and MORE – what’s not to love? Just make sure to buy this for children who do not live in the same house as you.
30. http://www.thinkgeek.com="">Electronic Guitar Shirt - $29.99. For a young wannabe musician, this electric guitar shirt that you can “play” is too cute!
31. For baby boys: http://www.shop-fat-tie.com="">Fat Tie Shirt - $37. Any stylish gentleman under the age of two would be delighted to don one of these dapper ensembles.
32. For baby girls: http://www.amazon.com="">Baby Gund Plush Bunny Jacket - $18.88 [not pictured]. An outfit so adorable that it will help Mom and Dad forget that she’s been screaming and pooping since the day she was born.
Jan 25, 2011 - 02:10 PM