10 Father’s Day Gifts Under $50
When we were little, we used to celebrate Father's Day by giving our dear dad a piece of handmade "artwork" along with a barely-edible breakfast in bed, and his heart would simply melt. Unfortunately, the standards have risen a bit since those days (and besides, we'd hate to give Dad food poisoning again). We therefore now spend the weeks preceding Father's Day searching high and low for the perfect gift; below, we've compiled 10 of them, all for under $50. While we're sure he "loved" the socks and mug you bought him last year, we promise he'll (actually) like these gifts even more:
1. Hans Solo iPhone Cover, $17.99 -- As if this one needs any explanation.
2. Hammer Screwdriver Combination Tool, $20 -- It's like a Transformer for his toolbox.
3. Dollar Shave Club, $1/month -- Maybe mom's not around anymore, or maybe she's just over him. Either way, he'll be stoked to have his razors restocked monthly with no effort required on his part.
5. Outdoor Dad Kit, $49.95 -- Sure, the way Dad smells when camping may scare off the bears, but you (or your kids, or your mom, or whoever) still have to be near him, so these disguised-as-manly "beauty" products are a must.
6. 3-in-1 Barbecue Tool, $29.99 -- Again, we reference the whole Transformers thing. Dad will definitely be stoked to brag about this nifty tool as he burns burgers over the July 4th weekend.
7. Kogeto Dot Panoramic iPhone Lens, $49 -- Grand Canyon, here he comes!
8. Beer Shampoo, $15.99 -- Just make sure he knows not to drink this.
9. Wild Man Beard Gift Set, $30 -- Don't let him turn into that creepy old guy with 30-year-old crumbs stuck in his beard.
10. Man Plans Moleskin, $24 -- Because he needs to blueprint his plans for the world's greatest remote control ever.
Jun 05, 2012 - 07:20 AM