5 Must-Have Hair Products from a “Fashion Star”
Spring is the time of year for change, and we think there’s no better way to feel refreshed than by transforming your hair. Serendipitously, Randall Williams -- a key stylist for the show Fashion Star -- has offered our readers 50% off any services over $100 or 30% off any services under $100 with mention of Broke Girl’s Guide. Call Randall at The Lab Salon at (310) 562-4005 to book by April 30th.
What’s more, Randall’s also agreed to let us in on 5 broke-girl-friendly hair products he can't live without. At under $20 each, they prove that you don't have to make supermodel bucks to get supermodel locks.
1. Large Mesh Rollers ($2.29) -- Texture is making a big comeback, so I recommend wet sets, which will last for days. These large mesh rollers are perfect for giving your hair body and volume without the harsh heat and accompanying damage from a blow dryer. Wet sets enable your hair to hold styles for 3 days longer than blow drying, and the reduced damage allows your hair to become thicker and healthier.
2. Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade, $13.51 -- This pomade, which is primarily used for textured hair, enables you to wash your curly/wavy hair regularly without overdrying it. It replaces the moisture that shampoo robs from your hair, and it adds a sheen. Most importantly, the foaming action makes your curls/waves look great by separating and defining them.
3. Suave Anti-Frizz Cream, $3.49 -- This cream is excellent for medium to coarse hair. Applied before blow drying, it adds extra protection from dryness, static, and flyaways. It’s a staple for women on the go!
4. Suave Extra Hold Hairspray, $3.49 -- This hairspray efficiently holds hair in place without feeling sticky, and my clients LOVE the scent. Considering the results that you get, this product is amazingly inexpensive.
5. Mizani Moisturefuse, $15.20 -- This daily conditioner is intensely moisturizing, making it ideal for hair that is very dry and requires more than a regular conditioner. It does serious damage repair by restoring moisture that has been lost due to coloring, swimming and excessive blow drying.
Apr 20, 2012 - 07:33 AM