Post & Beam’s Oven-Roasted Cauliflower with Braised Chickpeas and Salsa Verde
1 head cauliflower
1 cup chickpeas cooked and drained
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
Small pinch dried chili flakes
Salsa verde to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Trim cauliflower of any leaves, and cut stem flush with the base of the vegetable. Brush entire head with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place on a heavy baking sheet or in a cast iron pan, and transfer to the preheated oven. Cook for 25 minutes, rotate the pan, and cook for another 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be golden in color and tender when you poke it with a fork.
4. Remove cauliflower from the oven and place it on a cutting board. Once it is cool to the touch, flip it over, remove the core, and cut it into bite-sized florets. Divide cauliflower florets into two equal piles.
5. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add one clove of sliced garlic and half a head of cauliflower florets. Saute until the garlic is golden.
6. Add half of the chickpeas and mix thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Transfer to a serving platter, and repeat with remaining ingredients.
7. Drizzle with salsa verde and serve. To make your own salsa verde, check out the recipe here.
Recipe courtesty of Post & Beam.
Jan 20, 2012 - 09:32 AM