- West Hollywood
Lingerie We Love
We dare you to read the latest literary phenomenon, 50 Shades of Grey, without awakening your “inner goddess” to ideas she didn’t know she had in her. Just because your “Christian Grey” (think Mr. Big, but with whips) can’t foot the bills for an elaborate wardrobe courtesy of his personal shopper, however, doesn’t mean that your “intimate apparel” selection should suffer. Today, we’ve put together a list of our favorite broke-girl-friendly lingerie shops -- outside of Victoria's Secret -- so that you can show your man something naughty enough to be "punished" for, give your bestie something a little spicier than a soup ladle for her wedding night, and/or simply inspire your inner goddess to greatness.
1. Forever 21 -- Why spend $30 on a cute thong when you can pay $1.99? We buy F21 undergarments all of the time, and we are particularly in love with their cute bras. Try this Ruffled Floral Bralette, $6.80, or this Sheer Lace Bra, $6.80.
2. Beautiful Bottoms -- This British brand had us at their use of the word “bottom.” Seriously, though, this stuff is absolutely gorgeous and, we think, worth the slightly pricier tags. We’re loving the Bloom Short, $55, and the Peacock Halter Bra, $55.
3. Frederick’s of Hollywood -- We love Frederick’s for those times when we’re looking to spice things up a bit with the boyfriend (note: we haven’t quite worked up to a "red room of pain"...yet). Try this Fringe & Feather Babydoll, $42, this Lace Suspender Teddy (NSFW!), $38, or anything from their current sale selection.
4. Urban Outfitters -- We almost never leave UO without picking up a new bra. The Kimchi Blue Scalloped Lace Bralettes, $24, are comfortable and perfect under anything sheer. Right now, we’re also crushing on this Lace Pull-On Bra Top, $29.
7. b.tempted -- We love the fit of this brand, and the price points make it the perfect place to shop for your 100th bridal lingerie shower this year. Try the Ciao Bella Balconette Bra, $26.60, with the Ciao Bella Garter Belt, $18, for your bride, or the Demi Desire Garter Thong, $14, for your “Fifty Shades.”
8. Oysho -- We fell in love with this brand on a visit to Barcelona, and we’ve been waiting with baited breath for it to come to the states ever since. Adding it to this list is kind of a cheat since the company hasn’t yet made it stateside, but we figure you may at some point venture out to one of the other 38 countries lucky enough to get an Oysho (and when you do -- stock up!). How freaking cute is this Lace & Tulle Bra?
9. Agent Provocateur -- Agent Provocateur is normally about a thousand times too expensive for us. However, they do have amazing sales a few times a year that are worth waiting for if you’re looking for something extra-special for your man (or yourself!). They’re planning their next big sale this summer -- subscribe to the Agent Provocateur weekly email for more details. We’re currently lusting after this Rowana Suspender, $220.
10. Maison Close -- This French brand takes sexy to a whole new level, and yet keeps their prices down far below those of, say, Kiki de Montparnasse or Agent.
11. Trashy Lingerie -- Trashy is great for costuming, and they're always swamped around Halloween. Membership at the brick-and-mortar location is $1, and we hear (wink, wink) that this is a fun place to take your boyfriend for a little modeling. The shop's “normal” stuff is cute too -- we like this Show Stopper Bra Set, $26.
12. Target -- You can never go wrong with Target. Whenever we’re in need of panties, we raid their lingerie department, and we’re not afraid to admit that we sometimes buy from their juniors selection. We’re not seeing as much cute stuff online as we’ve seen in stores, so we suggest you pop into your nearest location to restock as needed.
Apr 24, 2012 - 07:46 AM