Emmys: Get The Look For Less + 15% off at Rent The Runway
While we weren’t exactly blown away by the actual Emmys program last night (Emmytones -- WTF?!?), we were impressed by some of the lovely looks rocked on the red carpet. Here are a few of last night’s trends we’d like to bring home with us:
1. Red! -- Lea Michelle and Kerry Washington owned the red dress last night. Here is our pick for a less dramatic, street-wearable version of Michelle’s Marchesa. We also liked Nina Dabrov’s Donna Karan number, a slightly more casual version of which we found here.
2. Black Lace -- Minka Kelly would look gorgeous in a garbage bag, but we loved her LLDD (Little Lace Dior Dress). Kelly MacDonald also made this look work for her. Here’s a sweet alternative we love as well as a somewhat sexier version here.
3. Glitter -- Maria Bello and Claire Danes wore two of our favorites in terms of the bedazzled dress. For something a little more wearable, we are obsessed with this Alice + Olivia sequin-embellished mini-dress, though it’s still a bit outside of our price range! As an alternative, we like this Sienna Sequin Stripe Dress from RentTheRunway.com.
Speaking of RentTheRunway.com...in honor of the Emmys, they’ve decided to offer Broke Girl's Guide readers 15% off rentals using promo code BROKEGIRLS15. Why should celebs be the only ones able to borrow designer frocks for an evening?
4. Gold/Jeweled Clutches -- As always, Judith Leiber was a favorite in the clutch category. We love this Tasha Sequin Frame Minaudiere as a much, much more affordable version of the same look. We also love this Monsoon Metal Shell Clutch ($55).
5. Hidden Platform Peep Toe -- This was THE shoe of the night. Here’s an elegant version we love for $100.
with contribution by Tracy Kuaea
For more tips on formal dressing on a budget, watch this week's Broke Girl's Guide for Stylehaul episode featuring Shauna from PennyChic.com.
Sep 19, 2011 - 08:44 AM