BROKE GIRL’S GUIDE AmEx SWEEPSTAKES
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTIAL UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The BROKE GIRL’S Amex Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m., Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on December 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on December 20, 2012 (“Promotional Period”). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries timely received. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Promotion is offered by Broke Girl’s Guide, LLC (“BGG”) in partnership with HauteLook, Inc. (“HauteLook”) and sponsored by BGG (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open and offered to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least 18 years of age or the age of legal majority (whichever is older) in their state of primary residence at time of entry. The Promotion will run in the United States (“U.S.”) only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, independent contractors, consultants and interns) who have, within the last six (6) months, been employed by or performed services for Sponsor, HauteLook or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, administration, prize support, fulfillment or advertisement of the Promotion together with all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to win or enter. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
Do not enter the Promotion if you are (i) not a legal U.S. resident; and (ii) not 18 years of age at the time you enter the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (2) ways to enter the Promotion:
- Subscribe to a BGG email newsletter at a designated sweepstakes signup page during the promotional period or be an existing subscriber that invites friends to subscribe to a BGG email newsletter, or be an existing subscriber who completes the alternative entry method described in the next paragraph. A default contest entry landing page for new subscribers is available at http://www.brokegirlsguide.com/amex. Each entrant must provide an active email address when subscribing to BGG to generate their entry; inactive emails are prohibited and will not suffice entry. Enter using only an e-mail address subscribed and registered in your name. In the event of a dispute as to an online entry submitted by multiple individuals using the same e-mail account, entrant is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder in order to claim a prize;
- Existing subscribers may enter by emailing their full name, mailing address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must read “BROKE GIRL’S GUIDE AmEx Sweepstakes Contest Entry” or it will not be considered a valid entry.
- Entries are null and void and will be rejected if not submitted in accordance with these rules and through authorized, legitimate channels or if any part of an entry is reproduced, incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible, illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if they contain or reflect printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified.
A maximum of one (1) entry per person is permitted for the duration of the Promotional Period, regardless of method of entry.
Important: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, undeliverable, mutilated, destroyed, stolen, or postage due mail-in or official entries, or for the incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Sweepstakes, printing, human processing or other error, or otherwise. All entries submitted become property of BGG and will not be confirmed or returned.
5. PRIZES/ODDS: 1) One (1) Prize, a gift card equal to one thousand dollars ($1000). This Prize has a retail value of one thousand dollars. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries timely received.
Only the stated Prize will be awarded. In the event that any reason causes more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, BGG reserves the right to award only the stated prize. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable taxes, (including, but not limited to, federal income taxes). Expenses not stated in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Prize will not be fulfilled outside the United States or where the Promotion is void.
Should a prize be won by a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, such prize must be accepted on the minor’s behalf by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. In addition, all affidavits, releases and undertakings to be signed by the winner as set forth in these Official Rules must be executed and undertaken by the parent /legal guardian of the minor, both on such parent/legal guardian’s behalf and on behalf of the minor, or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
7. REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST: Any person wishing to be removed from lists for all future mailings, including drawings, from BGG may send a letter stating his or her desire to be so removed, with Promotion name to BROKE GIRL’S GUIDE, 3435 Ocean Park Boulevard, #107-188, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
8. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUST: For the name of the winners, available after December 1, 2011, or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope in a separate, first class stamped envelope to BGG as follows: BROKE GIRL’S GUIDE HAUTELOOK Sweepstakes ,Winners List or Official Rules Request (designate which) c/o Broke Girl’s Guide, 3435 Ocean Park Boulevard, #107-188, Santa Monica, CA 90405. Requests for Official Rules must be received by December 31, 2011 and requests for winners’ list must be received by December 31, 2011.
Once the winner is selected and their eligibility is verified, their name (truncated if requested) and location (city/state) will be posted here.